Course Section Information
10/28/2009 - 12/08/2009
Max. Class Size: 25
Available Seats: 5
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Children's Authors on the Web: Online Sites that Motivate Students to Write
- Course Section Description:
Discover the power of author studies to motivate students to read and write. This course uses a problem-based approach to teach the techniques of conducting an author study integrating technology and the Internet. Explore author and other Web sites to collect resources that will introduce your students to many genres while encouraging them to experiment by communicating with others in different forms. You'll create an individual author study you can use as the basis of an ongoing plan to inspire your students to read, write, and use technology effectively.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Northwest Nazarene University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts, Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: