Course Section Information
03/27/2013 - 05/07/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching Reading in Science
- Course Section Description:
Help students unravel the mysteries and complexities of scientific concepts by training them to approach science texts in new ways. Learn effective strategies to help your students become independent readers and learners as they navigate science texts such as arranging ideas, understanding text organization, setting goals for reading, making meaningful connections, and persevering through challenging materials. This course aligns with the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics’ (NCTM) Communication Standards.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Peggi Knight
- Subject Area:
- Science, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: