Course Section Information
06/12/2013 - 07/23/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Available Seats: 5
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching Phonemic Awareness and Phonics
- Course Section Description:
Bring the ideal balance of oral language, phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, phonics, and written language to your language arts instruction. Study the stages of literacy development and practice assessing the performance of budding young readers. Learn to design instructional activities that strengthen students' skills in phonemic and phonological awareness, letter-sound correspondence, and phonograms.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Betsy Long
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: