Course Section Information
10/07/2013 - 11/17/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by WHRO
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching Phonics and Spelling for Beginning and Transitional Readers
- Course Section Description:
Engage beginning and transitional readers and writers with research-based phonics and spelling activities. Study and discuss topics such as the principles which form the foundation for traditional versus contemporary perspectives on spelling instruction. Investigate better ways to help students develop oral reading fluency through learning letters, letter-sound correspondence and patterns and high-frequency words, then assess a student's skill level in spelling to set appropriate individual goals.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: