Course Section Information
01/23/2013 - 03/05/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching Writing in the Content Areas
- Course Section Description:
Writing can provide a better understanding of what students are thinking and learning. This course explores new strategies to support writing across grade levels and content areas, and explains the importance of students demonstrating learning and understanding through writing. Develop a practical plan to find time for students to write and teach effective writing processes. Discover student writing evaluation techniques and find resources for integrating technology into writing assignments.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Boise State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Mathematics, Science, Reading/Language Arts
- Grade Level: