Course Section Information
03/27/2013 - 06/04/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching High School Biology - Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, produced by WGBH Boston
- Course Section Description:
Learn inquiry-based approaches to teaching standards-based science topics, including genetics, evolution, and cell biology. Gain practice using multimedia to explore novel learning environments and methodologies that foster student interest, involve them in the research process, advance their critical thinking skills, and develop their conceptual understanding.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Lisa Wills
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: