Course Section Information
03/27/2013 - 06/04/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Teaching Earth and Space Science - Special Collection: Teachers' Domain, produced by WGBH Boston
- Course Section Description:
Master the principles of constructivist-learning and exploration based science instruction as you gain a comprehensive understanding of earth and space science to drive your students' success. You will develop content knowledge about Earth as a system, landform processes, Earth's history, the Sun-Earth-Moon system, and weather and climate and discover a range of effective methods and strategies to approach these topics.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Lauren Sherwood
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: