Course Section Information
06/11/2014 - 07/22/2014
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
NASA Resources for Teaching Global Climate Change in Middle School
- Course Section Description:
Teach global climate change using a problem-solving approach and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) methodology to engage middle-school students and help them understand the causes and effects of climate change. Learn about the differences between climate and weather and how actions and nature affect the environment. Enhance content knowledge of climate change and learn how to effectively implement STEM instructional strategies using resources from NASA. This course was developed with funding from NASA under the Global Climate Change Education initiative (grant number NNX09AL84G) and support from the NASA Global Climate Change Education Project.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Adah Stock
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: