Course Section Information
01/23/2013 - 03/05/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Global Climate Change Education for High School
- Course Section Description:
What is the evidence that supports global climate change and how can we use NASA data and resources to help high-school students discover mitigations or adaptations to the problems it causes? Learn how to teach global climate change using an inquiry/problem-based approach and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) methodology to engage high-school students and help them understand the causes and effects of climate change. Learn about the differences between climate and weather and how actions and nature affect the environment. Collaborate and explore emission scenarios that are used to analyze possible future storylines about global climate change. Enhance content knowledge of climate change and learn how to effectively implement STEM instructional strategies using resources from NASA and PBS.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 3.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 3.0 credits - pricing
- Subject Area:
- Grade Level: