Course Section Information
03/26/2014 - 05/06/2014
Max. Class Size: 30
Available Seats: 6
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Graphic Organizers for 21st Century Learning
- Course Section Description:
Graphic organizers are a tool for 21st century learning that can support critical thinking and problem solving; communication; collaboration; and creativity and innovation. Learn how to help students organize ideas, convey complex concepts, progress through the writing process, and develop mathematical and scientific thinking skills with graphic organizers. Learn to create and use electronic graphic organizers across the curriculum for all grade levels to develop students’ 21st century skills.
This course was formerly titled "Teaching & Learning with Graphic Organizers: Inspiration"
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Nadyne Hick
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: