Course Section Information
03/27/2013 - 05/07/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Searching and Researching on the Internet
- Course Section Description:
Learn strategies to help students develop searching and researching skills, including the use of Web 2.0 tools. Explore ways to create authentic learning environments that make use of primary resources, go beyond sites such as Wikipedia for research, and teach responsible Web use. Create a research toolbox for developing searching and researching skills that you can use in a specific curriculum area.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Pamela Dooley
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: