Course Section Information
10/23/2013 - 12/03/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Digital Tools for Innovative Learning
- Course Section Description:
As schools catch up to the ways technology has transformed life and work, online publishing with and for students of today, known as the "iGeneration," will become an integral element of the classroom experience. The logistics of publishing on the Web are no longer a challenging process. Anyone on a computer with an Internet connection can publish. The options and goals for publishing are limitless—tools that can create classroom Web sites, educational blogs, learning portals, wikis, and social media sites are easily accessible. The challenge for both teachers and students is to learn to use the Web wisely and meaningfully, and to be digitally literate. This course will help learners understand the reasons for publishing on the Web and having both teachers and students develop a positive online presence; the choices for educational Web publishing and the rationale for using various kinds of Web publishing tools; how to present content on the Web and how to begin to understand the importance of following social media guidelines in schools; and the opportunity to publish online—both for students and for educators' own professional development. This newly revised course was formerly called “Publishing on the Web”.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Washburn University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Jeff Brewster
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology, Instructional Strategies
- Grade Level: