Course Section Information
07/10/2013 - 08/20/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Available Seats: 6
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Developing Understanding with Dynamic Media and Digital Storytelling
- Course Section Description:
Digital storytelling and dynamic media have the power and the potential to engage learners in remarkable new ways. In this course, you will explore the basics of these 21st century teaching and learning approaches and connect them to an updated version of Bloom's Taxonomy. Learn about useful Web 2.0 tools like 'mashups' for creating and sharing stories and study the steps involved in creating digital stories and corresponding evaluation rubrics.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
Classroom Link-Access to students recommended. PBS Classroom Link courses ask learners to implement lessons with their class or with a small group of students (options for learners without access to students are available).
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Madonna University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Central Missouri - 2.0 credits - pricing
- James Madison University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Virginia Cowart
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology
- Grade Level: