Course Section Information
06/12/2013 - 07/23/2013
Max. Class Size: 30
Offered by PBS National
- Enrollment is not open.
Leveraging Smart and Social Digital Media in the Classroom
- Course Section Description:
While we may use technology on a daily basis outside of the school day, integrating its use into the classroom for the first time can be a daunting task. Using the Common Core State Standards as a blueprint for the use of digital media in the curriculum, this course will enable you to help your students use technology in ways that develop 21st century skills—including creativity, communication, collaboration, and problem solving. You will explore classrooms and schools that are effectively integrating computers and mobile devices; work with digital tools and web-based software; and develop a technology integration plan that enables your students to leverage current technology for academic success.
Note: This is a facilitated course. Learners submit coursework and participate in asynchronous discussions throughout the course term, and receive graded feedback.
For assignments and evaluation details, see the full Syllabus.
The number of hours identified for each course reflects time spent online, but does not reflect the total time spent completing offline coursework and assignments. All learners are different and you will likely spend double the indicated number of hours completing all coursework depending on your learning style and work habits.
- Graduate Credit Information:
- Graduate credit may be obtained from the provider(s) listed below, for an additional fee after the course begins.
- Sierra Nevada College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Sioux Falls - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Morningside College - 2.0 credits - pricing
- University of Missouri - Kansas City - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Adams State University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Central Michigan University - 2.0 credits - pricing
- Kelly Gump
- Subject Area:
- Instructional Technology
- Grade Level: