How do I submit a file to my facilitator using the Dropbox?
Submitting your assignment is a simple process of browsing your computer for your file and selecting it to submit to your facilitator, much like adding an attachment to an email before sending it. The name of the file shouldn't have any punctuation in it: no commas, apostrophes, etc.
Unless otherwise specified by the facilitator, the format of your uploaded file ought to be one that can be opened by MS Office programs, since they are most commonly used (you should use common formats and avoid the uncommon formats of MS Works (.wps) or Open Office (.swx)). For text files choose .doc (MS Word) or .rtf (Rich Text Format) as file type, for presentations .ppt, and for spreadsheets .xls or .xml. If you try to upload a file that is bigger than the maximum file upload size, you will receive an error message.
- Facilitators can send files back to learners in response to their submissions.
- Response files can be uploaded before submission which can be used to give each learner a different file to work with.
- Learners may also enter notes describing the submitted files, progress status or any other text information.
- Submission must be manually finalized by the learner.
- Facilitators can review the current status at any time, unfinished assignments are marked as Draft.
The "Send For Marking" button pushes an assignment through for grading if enabled. After the send for marking button is pushed, to get back to that draft stage and remove their submission, the facilitator must step in. This is also true if Send For Marking is never turned on; the facilitator must take steps to give the learner a chance to resubmit. Feedback from your facilitator on submissions can be viewed in the 'feedback' column of the grade book.