- Caillou - "Celebrations"
Caillou is invited to a Hispanic themed birthday party for his friend Xavier. With a stick in hand, Caillou discovers the special surprise hidden in the piñata. There are more surprises for Caillou as he learns all about Chinese New Year with Sarah and her cousin. The celebration continues as Caillou's friends gather to celebrate Caillou's birthday. Later, Caillou and Grandma throw Grandpa a surprise belated birthday party!
- Sesame Street - "Episode #4034 - Bert's Birthday"
It is Bert's birthday, and Ernie is very excited. He has planned a party complete with elephants, honkers, and dingers, but Bert has other ideas.
Do in Class
- Arthur: Family Party - Plan and host a celebration.
- Maya & Miguel: Mexican Piñata - Create a piñata for a special birthday celebration.
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood: Celebrating with a Healthy Treat - Make a festive and healthy vegetable treat -- cakes aren't the only foods we offer at celebrations.
- PBS Parents: Birthday Parties - Celebrate with a PBS character birthday party theme.
- ZOOM: Birthday Crown - Print and cut out a birthday crown.
- It's a Big Big World: Big World Birthday Song - Listen and sing along with this new birthday song.
- Sagwa: Happy Birthday E-Card - Send an electronic birthday message to a friend.
- Happy Birthday, America
By Marsha Wilson Chall and Guy Porfirio
Published May 2000 by HarperCollins Publishers
Come celebrate a small town 4th of July. Enjoy the games, picnic, parade, and fireworks on the lake.
- Mice and Beans
By Pam Munoz Ryan and Joe Cepeda
Published August 2001 by Scholastic Press
Rosa Maria spends all week preparing for her granddaughter's birthday party. As she works, she notices things are missing but doesn't notice the mice taking a napkin, feather, candle, and every mousetrap she sets. Never mind, she can manage. Rosa Maria prepares enchiladas and beans and rice, buys a cake, and hangs a piñata, but the mice remember to fill the piñata with candy. Included is a glossary for the many Spanish words and recipes for Rosa Maria's rice and beans.
*As most PBS children's programs offer one year extended taping rights for teachers, please feel free to tape them now and save them for use in your classroom during the school year.