-"Games in the Park"
Caillou is excited when Miss Martin takes him and his friends to the park for some special activities. They have a beanbag race: a relay race using one beanbag per team. All these rules are not easy to grasp, and the kids have a few comical mishaps in the process. Caillou discovers that you don't always have to win to be proud of yourself.
- Sesame Street
- "Zoe Challenges the Notion of "Girls" Games"
Baby Bear and Telly are excited about playing games with Zoe. As she starts to suggests the various games she likes to play, Baby Bear and Telly try to predict what Zoe will play and imagine what it would be like to play these games. The games that Zoe wants to play are all for girls, not for boys! As it turns out, Zoe plays with dolls, has tea parties, dances, and plays with trucks in very unique ways. The whole group has a great time playing together!
Do in Class
- Arthur: Elwingo - Play bingo - Arthur style!
- Arthur: Cooperate - Try these two cooperative games in which the players learn to work in a group.
- Barney: One Nose, Two Eyes... - Learn to recognize numbers through fun songs, rhymes, and games.
- Between the Lions: Alphabet Cutouts - Create a variety of letter games with these alphabet cutouts.
Boohbah: Memory Game - Play a memory game with friends or family.
- Clifford: Matching Games - Print and use these cards to play an assortment of matching games.
- Dragon Tales: Dragon Jump - Play a group game in which you have to hop and jump onto dragon footprints.
- Postcards from Buster: Gullah Games - Learn a Gullah clapping game.
- Postcards from Buster: Played in Puerto Rico - Play a Puerto Rican playground game.
- Postcards from Buster: Rodeo Games - Learn about rodeo games and act some of them out with friends.
Arthur: The Tibble Super Action Challenge - Answer Arthur-related questions online.
Between the Lions: Chicken Stacker - Stack words with similar sounds in this online game.
- Noddy: Pop and Spell - Discover that spelling can be fun as you pop balloons to spell words in this online game.
- Postcards from Buster: Connect the States - Learn facts about all 50 states with Buster in this online game.
- Sagwa: Pictures as Words - Guess the picture that matches the Chinese pictogram.
- Come to Tea: Fun Tea Party Themes, Recipes, Crafts, Games, Etiquette and More
By Stephanie Dunnewind and Capucine Mazille
Published August 2003 by Sterling Publications
If you want to serve more than air tea at your next tea party, this is the book to pore over. After a chapter describing the classic tea party, instructions for theme parties like a Mad Hatter's party, Teddy Bears Picnic, literary, and others follow. Recipes, decorations, crafts, games, activities, and lots of fun accompany each chapter.
- Do You Want to Play? A Book About Being Friends
By Bob Kolar
Published May 1999 and June 2001 by Puffin
Readers age K-3 will enjoy this creative, richly visual tale of two friends on a visit to Friendship Park. Kids will find jokes, games, stories, playtime ideas, and guidance on how to deal with fighting, apologizing, name-calling, moving away, and more.
*As most PBS children's programs offer one year extended taping rights for teachers, please feel free to tape them now and save them for use in your classroom during the school year.