- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood - "Episode #1102"
Mister Rogers has a picture book with photos of familiar objects. There are two pictures of each object -- a small picture and a large picture -- and Mister Rogers ask if the viewers can match the bigger and smaller pictures of the same object.
- Franny's Feet
- "A Home for Herman"
Franny lands on a beautiful beach, where she helps a hermit crab find a new shell. In Franny's Treasures, Franny prompts the audience to match animals to their homes, including a beaver lodge, a beehive, and a spider web.
Do in Class
- Arthur: Crazy Bus! - Play D.W.'s favorite printable matching game.
- Boohbah: Matching Sizes - Develop geometry and spatial sense by matching size to need throughout the day with simple routine tasks.
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood: Matching Shoes - Match shoes together and make a shoe store.
- Teletubbies: Animal Cards - Make animal cards and match the piece together.
- Arthur: Connect the World - Explore world cultures by playing an informative and interactive online matching game with Buster.
- Caillou: Match the Leaves - Play a matching game with Caillou.
- Clifford: Kisses - Match patterned objects in this online game to see who will get a kiss from Clifford.
- Clifford: Slide - Match inner-tube colors and patterns to help characters slide down Clifford's back in this online game.
- Curious George: Roller Monkey - Identify and match the correct patterned skates to the ones George and Hundley are wearing.
- Cyberchase: Make a Match - Organize Melvin's potions by matching equivalent fractions in this fun online game. (Advanced Activity)
- Dragon Tales: Finn's Toys - Choose toys for Finn to play with, and then learn and match toys to their Spanish names.
- Dragon Tales: Mushroom Match - Help the dragons match mushrooms to their silhouettes.
- Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Tracy's Matching Game - Try this interactive online matching game that teaches memory, counting and color recognition skills.
Maya & Miguel: Pet Shop Match Up - Turn over tiles to match pictures of animals with their corresponding sign language representations.
- Postcards from Buster: Connect the States - Build geographical awareness and learn about cultural differences of some states by playing this fun, matching card game.
- Reading Rainbow: Seashore Concentration - Match seashore shapes in this online game.
- Sagwa: Musical Lanterns - Match the sounds and colors of the musical lantern patterns.
- Can You See What I See?: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
By Walter Wick
Published March 2002 by Cartwheel Books
Counting, number sense, shape recognition, puzzles, mazes, matching - many of the elements of mathematics are present in this collection of complex and intriguing picture puzzles constructed from familiar or once familiar toys. Even after you have found what you are looking for, you will continue to search. This would make a great addition to a math activities table.
- Whose Baby Am I?
By John Butler
Published May 2001 by Viking Childrens Books
In this picture book, children will find nine baby animals and the repeated question "Whose baby am I?" Turning the page, they'll find the answer and a picture of the mother. At the end of the book is a two-page spread of babies and adults to match and another page with the names for the young of each animal.
*As most PBS children's programs offer one year extended taping rights for teachers, please feel free to tape them now and save them for use in your classroom during the school year.