- Berenstain Bears
- "Slumber Party"
Ensured by Sister that she knows the meaning of responsibility, Mama and Papa allow her to go to a sleep over at Lizzy's house. However Mama and Papa are totally unaware that the Bruins have gone out and left a babysitter in charge. When practically every cub in town shows up at the party it gets so out of hand that when the Bruins return they call all the parents to come and take their cubs home.
- ZOOM - "Party with ZOOM"
The ZOOM Kids show viewers how to make any day - and any get-together - a real party! With never-before-seen footage of ZOOMers, hosts Pablo and Alisa from the Season 1 cast give kids and parents fun ideas on how to throw a great party. The show includes suggestions for creating your own invitations, CafeZOOM recipes, ZOOMgames that can be played indoors or out, and much more.
Do in Class
- Arthur: Family Party - Develop critical thinking, creativity and problem solving skills by planning and hosting a party.
- Arthur: Good Manners - Invite children to have a make-believe tea party. Use this opportunity to teach polite conversation skills.
- Arthur: How Much Will it Cost? - Practice math skills by assessing the cost of a pretend party.
- Arthur: Party Ideas - Organize an Arthur theme party with a planner, invitations, games to play, and more.
- Between the Lions: Cast Party - Play a cast signing game.
- Between the Lions: Party Time - Learn how to plan a terrific party.
- Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Caring: Activity Two - Plan a Charity Party where everyone brings an old toy to give to a local children's charity.
- Maya and Miguel: Homemade Wrapping Paper - Learn to make your own wrapping paper.
- Maya and Miguel: Paper Bag Piñata - Make a paper bag piñata.
- PBS Parents: Birthday Parties - Plan a birthday party theme with your favorites PBS KIDS characters.
- ZOOM: ZOOMParty - Plan a ZOOM party. Don't forget to sing "Hubappuby Bubirthdubay."
- Barney: Storytime - What Can It Be? - Share an online story about a surprise party.
- Chato and the Party Animals
By Gary Soto and Susan Guevara
Published July 2000 by Putnam Juvenile
Novio Boy, a cat in the barrio, came from the pound and has never had a birthday party so when his friend Chato throws a pachanga (party), he becomes sad. Chato decides to give a party in Novio Boy's honor. Suitable for 4-8 year olds, this picture book introduces the customs and language of Spanish Americans. Guevara's acrylic on scratchboard illustrations offer insight into life in the barrio, and everyone will enjoy Soto's subtle humor.
- Come to Tea: Fun Tea Party Themes, Recipes, Crafts, Games, Etiquette and More
By Stephanie Dunnewind and Capucine Mazille
Published August 2003 by Sterling Publishing Company, Incorporated
If you want to serve more than air tea at your next tea party, this is the book to pore over. After a chapter describing the classic tea party, instructions for theme parties like a Mad Hatter's party, Teddy Bears Picnic, literary, and others follow. Recipes, decorations, crafts, games, activities, and lots of fun accompany each chapter.
*As most PBS children's programs offer one year extended taping rights for teachers, please feel free to tape them now and save them for use in your classroom during the school year.