Obamacare and Women’s Health Protection:
- Genevieve Wood: "You now see men and women of both parties of this country saying, “this isn’t what we were told it was going to be.”
- Mercedes Viana Schlapp: "Maybe they should’ve read this legislation before it was passed, as Nancy Pelosi so famously talked about."
- Patricia Sosa: "It’s collapsing basically at this point, but there’s hope, and they may be able to fix it. So it’s not over yet."
- Megan Beyer: "As far as the Women’s Health Protection Act...we had a focus group on that in Virginia in these elections, and the Democrats came out very well."
First Lady Michelle Obama's Education Initiative:
- Patricia Sosa: "[Michelle Obama]’s so smart and popular, I would like to see her more engaged in the actual political process."
- Genevieve Wood: "She should also be encouraging parents...get mom involved and get dad involved."
- Megan Beyer: "I’ve been a political wife...it is the PR job of the century to work as First Lady of America!"
- Mercedes Viana Schlapp: "Hillary Clinton stepped forward on the Healthcare initiative, and got burned. Michelle was not going to go down that route."
EDGE - Certifying Companies as Woman-Friendly
- Megan Beyer: "Consumers want to know that companies they deal with are gender-enlightened. Potential workers want to know. Even investors want to know."
- Mercedes Viana Schlapp: "The more women we have involved, the more women on board, the better it is for the company!"
- Patricia Sosa: "You need to change the infrastructure...[EDGE] is a mechanism and a tool to do so!"
- Genevieve Wood says EDGE certification is good for women because it will "create competition" among companies.
Be sure to tune in this week for more discussion! Click here to check your local listings.