- Photo Gallery: Grand Central Through The Years
- Further Reading: Related Books and Websites
- Primary Resources: Grand Central Terminal Opens, 1913
- Primary Resources: The Woodlawn Crash, 1907
- Primary Resources: Park Avenue Tunnel Crash, 1902
- Primary Resources: 20th Century Limited Streamliner Debuts, 1938
On February 1, 1913, more than 150,000 people eagerly rushed to Grand Central Terminal to gaze at New York City's newest landmark. A marvel of engineering, architecture, and vision, the new Beaux Arts structure on 42nd street housed an underground electric train station that would revolutionize the way people traveled and transform midtown Manhattan.