- Bonus Video: Philippe Petit, High Wire Artist
- Bonus Video: Guy Tozzoli, President WTC Association
- Bonus Video: William Langewiesche, Journalist
- Further Reading: Related Books and Websites
- General Article: Engineering and Construction of the Twin Towers
- Bonus Video: Carol Willis, Architectural Historian
New York: The Center of the World examines the rise and fall of the World Trade Center -- from its conception in the post-World War II economic boom, through its controversial construction in the 1960s and 1970s, to its tragic demise in the fall of 2001 and extraordinary response of the city in its aftermath. It is the eighth episode of filmmaker Ric Burns' award-winning series New York: A Documentary Film.
My American Experience
How did you first learn of the September 11 attacks? Do you remember what you were doing when the Twin Towers fell? What did it mean to you? Do you have specific memories of that day?
For the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, AMERICAN EXPERIENCE has been working hard to bring you content from our 2004 film "New York: The Center of the World" by updating our website. We have dozens of unique assets, including a photo gallery of the Twin Towers, a timeline of the World Trade Center, an interactive map of lower Manhattan since its first European settlers, and original construction footage of the towers.