Volunteers in the infected clothing building suffered from the rank of the soiled materials but did not come down with yellow fever. John Moran, the first volunteer to be bitten by mosquitoes, did contract yellow fever, first showing symptoms on Christmas Day 1900. Five out of seven other volunteers in the larger compartment of the mosquito building also contracted yellow fever. Two of the five volunteers infected had also gone through the test in the infected clothing building, with no ill effects.
None of the men who slept in the smaller compartment contracted the disease.
Exclusive Corporate Funding is provided by: