Please print the following form, fill in necessary information, sign and send along with your proposal.
Submission Release Form
As you know, the WGBH Educational Foundation ("WGBH") is engaged in the production of television programs for exploitation in any and all entertainment media. In this context, WGBH reviews various source ideas, proposals and suggestions. Such materials may be related to format, theme, treatments and/or means of exploiting a production once completed. In order to avoid misunderstandings, WGBH will not review or discuss ideas, scripts, treatments, formats or the like submitted to it on an unsolicited basis by persons not employed by WGBH without first obtaining the agreement of the person submitting the material to the terms of this letter.
By signing the enclosed copy of this letter and returning it to us, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. WGBH will receive and consider material only if submitted in writing. Your submission is entitled ____________________________ and includes the following materials:
_______________________________________________________ (the "Material").
A one-page summary of the Material is attached as Exhibit A.
2. You represent that you are the sole owner and author of the Material and that you have the full right and authority to submit it to WGBH for review, free of any obligation to any third party.
3. You acknowledge that WGBH may disclose the Material to its employees, and possibly others, to determine the Material's value to WGBH. It is understood that no confidential relationship is entered into by reason of WGBH's consideration of the Material or by reason of any discussions between WGBH and you.
4. You acknowledge that WGBH has had and will have access to and/or may independently create or have created ideas, identical to the theme, plot, idea, format or other element of the Material, and you agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation by reason of the use by WGBH of such similar or identical material.
5. You agree that any part of the Material which is not novel or original and/or is not legally protected may be used by WGBH without any liability to you. Any consideration by WGBH of the Material does not waive WGBH's right to contest the validity of any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights claimed by you.
6. WGBH does not assume any obligation to return the Material to you. Therefore, you should keep a duplicate of the Material.
7. No agreement for compensation shall be implied from WGBH's consideration or review of the Material, or from any discussions between you and WGBH concerning the Material. If WGBH elects to use any portion of the Material which is legally protected, WGBH and you shall negotiate in good faith concerning your compensation. However, WGBH shall not be under any obligation to you with respect to the Material except as may later be set forth in a fully-executed written agreement between WGBH and you.
Accepted and Agreed To:
By: ___________________________________(Print Name)