This video podcast feed offers interviews, at-home videos, Carnegie performances, out-takes and raw, unedited rehearsals.
Podcast address: http://feeds.pbs.org/pbs/wgbh/fromthetop-video
Full Episode Video Podcast
This full episode video podcast feed offers all 13 episodes of the current season in their entirety.
Podcast address: http://feeds.pbs.org/pbs/wgbh/fromthetop/episodes-video
- What is video podcasting?
- Do I need an iPod?
- How do I subscribe to the From the Top at Carnegie Hall video podcast?
- Where can I get free podcasting software?
What is video podcasting?
Podcasting combines the terms iPod and broadcasting to describe video content delivered through the Internet that can be downloaded and played on your desktop or transferred to a portable media player (like an iPod) so you can watch offline. But you don't need a portable media player or an iPod to enjoy podcasts. You can download them to your computer and watch them using free software such as iTunes.
To receive video podcasts on your computer, download free podcasting software and then subscribe to a feed. Once you subscribe, your computer will notify you or automatically download video files every time a new podcast episode is available.
Do I need an iPod?
No. You do not need an iPod or other portable media player to subscribe to or watch video podcasts. You can watch on your computer by following the same instructions.
How do I subscribe to the From the Top at Carnegie Hall video podcast?
To subscribe to the video podcast, copy the orange XML icon using the following instructions:
- IE: right-click the orange XML button and select "copy shortcut"
- Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla: right-click the orange XML button and select "copy link location"
- IE: click and hold or control-click the orange XML button and select "copy link location"
- Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla: click and hold or command-click the orange XML button and select "copy link location"
- Safari: control-click the orange XML button and select "copy link to clipboard"
Then follow the instructions for your particular podcasting software to add the podcast to your list of subscriptions.
Where can I get free podcasting software?
- iTunes (PC or Mac)
- iPodder (PC)
- Doppler (PC)
- Blog Matrix Sparks! (PC)
- iPodderX (Mac)
- Playpod (Mac)
If you don't yet have podcasting software, you can get it for free using these links:
The video files and XML files that together comprise the From the Top at Carnegie Hall's podcast are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights to podcast(s) originating from From the Top at Carnegie Hall, including the content and technology included therein, are reserved to From the Top at Carnegie Hall/WGBH Educational Foundation. For permission requests, please contact us through our Contact Us form.