Miller Gaffney is always on the lookout for that perfect piece. Here are 6 tips from Miller on finding the right antiques to decorate your life.
1. Always open your eyes and search for the beautiful and unusual objects.
2. If something speaks to you, buy it!
3. If you discover a pair of something, buy both. Two is always better than one — there is power in numbers.
4. Hone your eye and look for the timeless pieces that fit in any era or decade.
5. Be a shrewd collector. Go to the flea markets armed with information and do your due diligence.
6. Decode each piece: search for the vital background information that will confirm the attribution. What is it? Where did it come from? When was it made? Asking yourself these questions will help you discover if you are really getting a good buy!