QuickTime from Apple is one of the most popular web plugins for interactive media. Downloading and installing QuickTime is easy and the plugin is free from Apple. It will work on nearly any platform, whether you're using Netscape Navigator, MS Internet Explorer or even AOL.
To download the current version of QuickTime, visit Apple. Enter your e-mail address in the box provided under the "Download software now" header and follow the directions for your system. After you've installed QuickTime, come back to Mystery! and join in on the fun!
Why do I see an image that is sideways and won't move?
Although Windows Media Player will attempt to play QuickTime virtual set tour, it can't. Only a still, sideways image will appear. Try installing Apple QuickTime. You can download the current version from Apple . If you download and install it, following the directions for your system, you'll be able to return to Mystery! and view the virtual set tour.
Why do I see a broken QuickTime image?
If the tour pages are displaying the broken QuickTime image, try the following possible remedies:
I've installed or reinstalled QuickTime and I'm still having problems. What now?
- Make sure you are, in fact, using QuickTime 4.0 or higher. If you're not sure, you can download the current version from Apple. (It's free!) Follow the installation instructions and choose to install the plug-in in ALL of the browsers (Netscape, Explorer, AOL, etc.) on your computer.
- Reinstall the QuickTime plug-in software (Macintosh or Windows) in ALL of the Internet browsers on your system. If you initially installed QuickTime the plug-in only in your Internet Explorer and then you use your Netscape Navigator, you will not be able to access the virtual set tour, as the plug-in hasn't been installed in that browser.
Please send a message to us at email@example.com with the subject TROUBLE WITH SET TOUR. Include the following information:
We'll try to get you back on the set as quickly as possible.
- The kind of computer you're using [Windows (3.1, 95, 98 or NT) or Macintosh (indicate system number)
- The kind and version of the browser you're using (Netscape 4.08, for example)
- If you have Windows Media Player installed on your computer. (If the tour image appears still and sideways, you do.)
Return to the tour