About NOVA Education
The NOVA Education site is a collection of NOVA resources for bringing science, technology, and engineering to life in educational settings. This free digital library is tied to teaching standards and includes video, audio segments, interactives, and much more. Please let us know how we're doing and what you might like to see. We want to make sure NOVA Education works for you!
NOVA EDUCATION STAFF
Director of Education, NOVA
- As NOVA's director of education, Rachel considers it her mission in life to find new ways to make complex concepts accessible. Before joining team NOVA, Rachel served as the director of the planetarium at the University of Louisville, as the astrophysics education manager at the American Museum of Natural History, and as a high school physics teacher in New York City. She studied physics and astronomy at Denison University and is currently working to complete her PhD in science education at Columbia University. The randomness of her life experiences includes being the webmaster for the band Boston and consulting on an educational project for the queen of Jordan.
Education Manager, NOVA
- As NOVA's education manager, Maiken oversees the production of NOVA's outreach materials and online media resources as well as additions to NOVA's Education website. Originally from California, Maiken has a B.A. in psychology from the University of California, Berkeley, and an Ed.M. in technology, innovation, and education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Education Coordinator, NOVA
- As an education coordinator, Rachel creates online educational resources for the NOVA Education website and helps produce outreach materials for NOVA's educator and science café communities. Before joining NOVA, Rachel received her B.S. in geological sciences from George Washington University and her M.A. in earth and planetary science from Washington University in St. Louis.
Outreach Coordinator, NOVA
- As the outreach coordinator for NOVA Education, Scott's mission is to ensure that NOVA is creating top-quality educational material that properly aligns with science standards and gets the community invested in further understanding our world. A former classroom educator, Scott received his B.A. from the University of California at Santa Cruz in the history of art and visual culture, and earned his Ed.M. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in mind, brain, and education. When not busy championing all things NOVA, Scott spends his time playing music, poker, and loving the San Francisco Giants.
Production Assistant, NOVA
- As a production assistant for NOVA Education, Mary helps create online educational resources for the NOVA Education website and uses NOVA Education's social media outlets in order to continue to expand the NOVA Education community. Mary is a 2012 graduate of Boston College, where she received her B.A. in psychology.
NOVA EDUCATION TEACHER ADVISORY BOARD
Thomas A. Edison High School
Meeker Elementary/QUEST Program
Elizabeth R. Greenman
Byers Jr-Sr High School
Douglas F. Haller, Ed. M. (Doug)
Haller STEM Education Consulting
Chatham High School
Chatham, New Jersey
South Forsyth High School
Bay Middle College
Deborah L. Radel
Largo, Florida; Madison, Wisconsin