This section contains background information relevant to the four FRONTLINE programs on which this teachers guide is based. In this section, you'll find:
- Key events: A chronology that traces the major events that are covered in each of the four films
- Select individuals by program: A list identifying the individuals who are interviewed and/or discussed in the four FRONTLINE films
- Key organizations: Descriptions of the relevant groups, from the U.S. State Department's list of terrorist organizations and other sources
- Maps of the region: For background information and to use in conjunction with the classroom activities
- Country briefings: Links to data and background information from BBC News Country Profiles and the CIA's World Factbook
- "Basic Facts About Islam": Excerpted from Rethinking Schools' special report, "War, Terrorism, and America's Classrooms"