This activity is especially recommended for use with "Looking for Answers," "Saudi Time Bomb?" and "Hunting bin Laden."
This activity will provide students with an opportunity to:
Have students work in pairs or small groups. Assign each pair one of the countries listed in the briefing section. Have them investigate that country's relationship to or view of Osama bin Laden. Be sure they find out enough background information about the country to explain their discoveries. Report to the rest of the class.
FRONTLINE: Roots of Terrorism
University of Texas Center for Middle Eastern Studies
CIA World Factbook
2. Knows the location of places, geographic features, and patterns of the environment
5. Understands the concept of regions
6. Understands that culture and experience influence people's perceptions of places and regions
7. Uses reading skills and strategies to understand and interpret a variety of informational texts
8. Uses listening and speaking strategies for different purposes