tehranbureau An independent source of news on Iran and the Iranian diaspora
nextback

ILNA removes report of Rouholamini's death from its website

05 Aug 2009 16:342 Comments

138316-58-28

[TEHRAN BUREAU] Source: Mowjcamp.com Following Judge Saeed Mortazavi's remarks in a meeting with the Majlis Foreign Policy and National Security Commission, ILNA removed the report about Mohsen Rouholamini's death from its website.

Mortazavi briefed the Majlis Commission and the members of the special committee established to look into the deaths and detentions of protesters related to the 'velvet coup.'

Lawmaker Mohammad Karamirad said that the Tehran prosecutor had offered a report about three of the protesters who died in detention.

In response to a question about the identity of the third deceased protester, aside from Rouholamini and Kamrani, Karamirad said he did not remember his name. "I believe he was one of the protesters who had been beaten in the protests and had sustained injuries to his leg and nose," he offered. "His family was informed about his condition and they then transferred him to a private hospital where he passed away."

Asked whether the prosecutor had turned in the medical files on Rouholamini and Kamrani to the special Parliamentary committee, as requested by lawmakers, and whether the files had been reviewed, Karamirad said, "I believe Mr. Omidvar Rezaei, as a physician and a member of the special committee, has gone over the files and noticed a skull fracture."

Omidvar Rezaei is the brother of defeated candidate Mohsen Rezaei.

Asked whether the fractured skull was observed in all three victims or only in Rouholamini's case, Karamirad said, "I am not sure, but I believe it was only Rouholamini."

About the prosecutor's claims that the three victims had died of meningitis in prison, the Kermanshah lawmaker said, "I am not clear of the specifics of the issue and cannot offer any further explanation."

This prompted Qasr-e-Shirin representative Farhad Tajjari to say, "The fractured skull of one of the victims of the recent protests was the work of a medical examiner." He said it was standard medical procedure anywhere in the world to conduct forensic studies by sawing open the skull.

Karamirad concluded by saying, "Tehran's Prosecutor General is very serious about finding the violators of the law, [those who abused their power] during recent events. He will follow the Leader's order, which was given during the president's endorsement ceremony."

SHAREtwitterfacebookSTUMBLEUPONbalatarin reddit digg del.icio.us

2 Comments

"Tehran's Prosecutor General is very serious about finding the violators of the law, [those who abused their power] during recent events. He will follow the Leader's order, which was given during the president's endorsement ceremony."

Just like the harsh sentences the perpatrators of the assassinations in the 80's and 90's? Those guys, who worked in intelligence roles, literally got away with murder and are now working in the government again.

Maziar / August 5, 2009 1:18 PM

Of course they are not stupid to admit they are serial murderers. What a nightmare!

shetty / August 6, 2009 10:07 AM