2014 Tour Schedule
Main ON TOUR page »
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about ROADSHOW's tour events.
How The Event Works
A few handy notes about spending the day at ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — so you know what excitement awaits you!
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Jacob K. Javits Center
655 W 34th Street (on 11th Avenue between 34th and 39th Street)
New York, NY 10001
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW will be located in Exhibit Halls 3A & 3B.
Please enter the event at the 36th Street entrance on 11th Avenue.
If you need to use the drop-off area prior to parking, please use the drop-off area in front of the convention center on Javits Inner Roadway entering on 11th Avenue and 39th Street.
The April 7 ticket application deadline has passed. You must have a ticket to attend an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. Tickets will not be available at the door.
If you have applied online, you can use your email address to check your ticket status using the online Ticket Checker.
We will e-mail all online ticket applicants a reminder about the online Ticket Checker in early-May.
This will be the only way to find out if you were selected to receive tickets. We will not send email notifications.
If you applied for tickets by postcard and are chosen to receive tickets, you will not receive a confirmation prior to receiving the tickets.
What You Need To Know
- You must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Each ticket holder can bring two items (and must bring at least one item). We do not prescreen ticket holders' items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, then we cannot consider the item(s) for taping.
- Your item(s) must fit thorough a standard door.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- If you plan to bring a painting for appraisal, please be prepared for the possibility of an extra-long wait in line. You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind you may not have to wait as long for an appraisal of a different type of object.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- You must be able to carry or move your item throughout the event. We do not provide dollies or carts or assistance of any kind. You can bring your own cart or dolly as long as it does not have metal wheels.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the venue has concrete floors.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
- Concession stands will be open and refreshments will be available for purchase at the Convention Center.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors, and say hello to your local PBS station, THIRTEEN
Information on Visiting the Jacob K. Javits Center
Important: No Soliciting
All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisals are conducted inside the convention center. If you are approached outside the convention center by anyone offering to appraise or purchase your items, please be aware that these people are not affiliated with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
We do not sanction any solicitation, buying, or selling at an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. We ask that you alert an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW staff member or security officer if you are approached by anyone offering to buy or appraise your items.
Your Day at ROADSHOW
A guided video tour of your day at an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event, with host Mark L. Walberg.