2018 Tour Event
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW’s outdoor event will be held throughout the iconic Churchill Downs Racetrack site.
Tuesday, May 22, 2018Churchill Downs Racetrack
700 Central Avenue
Louisville, KY 40208
TicketsAll tickets will be distributed electronically to winner's ticket application email address in advance of the event. You must have a ticket to enter the event. Tickets will not be available on the day of event.
What You Need to Know
- You must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Each ticket holder may bring two items (and must bring at least one item). Please keep in mind you will need to carry your items during your visit.
- We do not prescreen items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- You will need to use an escalator or elevator to access the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Feedback Booth.
- Please do not arrive at the parking lot more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- Please remember to either print your ticket at home or have it available at the event on your mobile device.
Appraisal Items & Appraisers
- You must be able to carry your item throughout the event.
- Please be prepared for grass and concrete surfaces, and steps.
- Dollies and carts are permitted at this event.
- We cannot provide assistance with carrying your items.
- Appraisers will be located outside.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser in advance regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, the item(s) will not be considered for taping.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- You're welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind your wait might be shorter if you bring a different item for appraisal.
- This is a rain or shine event. There will be no rainchecks; the venue has outdoor appraisal areas.
- Be prepared for grass and concrete surfaces, and steps.
- Plan appropriately for all types of weather — remember to bring your sunscreen and hat for sun, and raincoat for rain.
- Umbrellas are not permitted at the event.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear.
- Accessible restrooms are available in the Plaza area.
- Wheelchair accessibile.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight portable chair.
- Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at the event.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors and collect information about our appraisers.
- Please say hello to your local PBS station, KET, before you exit.
Directions & Parking
- You must have an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Louisville event ticket to park.
- Free on-site parking for ticket holders is located at the White Lot.
- Handicapped parking is located at the White Lot.
- Overflow parking is located in the Black, Green and Orange lots.
You've received your ticket, decided which two treasures to bring along, and now you're ready to hear the history behind your items. As you prepare to attend an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW taping event, here's what you can expect.
8 Easy Steps
Step 1: Are You Ready for Some ROADSHOW?
Before you come to the event, don't forget your ticket and two items for appraisal.
Step 2: It's Show Time!
On the day of the event, please plan to arrive at the venue no earlier than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket. Present your ticket to the volunteers at the entrance and your ROADSHOW adventure begins.
Step 3: Waiting in the Wings
You will enter the event and line up according to the time on your ticket. Please wear comfortable shoes as the venues have concrete floors. If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
While you wait to enter the television production area, you'll enjoy meeting fellow guests and seeing their special items.
Step 4: Show Us Your Items
After waiting in the appropriate line according to the time on your ticket, it is time to show your treasures to a generalist appraiser who will give you two appraisal category tickets for the items you've brought. Each category ticket will allow you to receive one appraisal. There are over 20 categories in all, everything from Folk Art to Furniture.
Step 5: Ready for Your Close-Up?
When you have your category tickets, a volunteer will escort you to the appropriate appraisal line to learn the history and value of your item. Some tables will be busier than others, so you may have to wait in line again before you meet one of our appraisers.
If an appraiser thinks your treasure would make an interesting TV segment, he or she will call for a producer to see if your items should be taped for the show. If selected, you'll be escorted to the Green Room, where you'll have make-up applied, sign a release, and wait for your turn to be on camera!
Step 6: Take a Bow
Once you've received your appraisals, and as you exit the production area, you may want to stop by the "Feedback Booth" for a chance to record some thoughts about your ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experience for possible inclusion in a future ROADSHOW episode.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW sees over 5,000 people, and our 70 to 80 appraisers appraise over 10,000 items per event. When your appraisal is complete, please make your way to the exit so others can take their turn.
Step 7: Thank You... And Thanks to our Sponsors
At the exit, please visit our valued sponsors and the local PBS station who would like to thank you for attending and supporting ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. There you will also have a chance to collect information about our appraisers.
Step 8: Visit Us on TV and the Web
Your tour with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW doesn't have to stop at the event. Visit us online:
Track the summer's discoveries and upcoming broadcasts at pbs.org/antiques
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/RoadshowPBS/
Follow @RoadshowPBS on Twitter for live, behind-the-scenes updates
Then, tune in Monday nights at 8/7C* and 9/8C* on PBS to stay on the road with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW all year long!
*Check local listings
All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisals are conducted inside the convention center. If you are approached outside the convention center by anyone offering to appraise or purchase your items, please be aware that these people are not affiliated with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
We do not sanction any solicitation, buying or selling at an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. We ask that you alert an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW staff member or security officer if you are approached by anyone offering to buy or appraise your items.
Excited for the Louisville event? Check out this video.
Watch Leila Dunbar appraise a 1955 Willie Shoemaker Kentucky Derby trophy.