Radical Rebel with a Cause
Grades 7 & 8
- What are some important social issues? Have these historically existed or are they current—or both?
- What methods do people use to express their opinions? (conversation, newspaper, television, social media)
- Is theatre a good way to inspire social change? Why or why not?
- The Shaw Festival: Behind the Curtain
- Access to a library and/or computers for research
Talk about Shaw as a “radical rebel with a cause.” Research and write a paper about how he wrote about social injustices and which topics he wrote about. Include in your paper why you think theatre is or is not an appropriate outlet for addressing or educating people on social issues.
- Poetry Creates Identity in Verse from PBS Learning Media