In this lesson, students will explore the role of oral
traditions in the African culture. Students will read
articles about the daily lives of people living in a variety
of African countries, and create a mock interview based on
the information. Students will create a Culinary Report on
the kinds of foods that people in different African countries
eat. They will discuss how the history, geography and the
economy of the country influence the kinds of food people
eat. Indigenous religions as well as traditional and modern
art, and music in Africa will be explored.
1. Students will analyze African folklore and explain its
importance in the African culture.
2. Students will read articles about everyday life in
Africa and create an interview based on the
information in the article.
3. Students will develop an understanding of what kinds
of foods are eaten in various African countries, and how
historic, geographic, and economic factors impact what
4. Students will analyze pieces of traditional and modern
5. Students will compare and contrast indigenous African