Revealing the Invisible
Group project. Select a social group that you think could be considered "invisible" in your own community. Think back to the ways in which the main character of book was invisible, and to your own essay on how you've felt invisible in the past.
Create a multimedia project that reveals this invisible group. Use a variety of media types, including pictures, poetry, original short essays, quotes and magazine cutouts. If you are doing this project as a Web page, you can include sound files and links to other Websites.
Here are some questions to consider.
- Why do you consider this group invisible?
- Invisible to whom?
- Are there social reasons for this invisibility? What prevents the group from being seen?
- What difficulties does this group face because of being invisible?
- What do you want people to know about this group? What would people see if they could see this group?
- Are there actions that could be and/or should be taken by the community?