The entry deadline has passed. Thanks to everyone who entered! Winners will be announced Monday, November 30, 2009.
Born Wild: The First Days of Life premieres November 1 (watch a preview), and we at NATURE can’t wait to bring this new episode into the world. So we’re celebrating with a photo contest! That’s where you come in. Send us your best, most adorable, or most dramatic baby animal photos — whether you took them out in the wild, or in your own backyard.
The producers of NATURE will judge the entries and select five winners and ten runners-up. The five winning photos will receive a DVD of Born Wild: The First Days of Life. The five winning photos and ten runners-up will be featured in a Contest Winners gallery on the PBS NATURE Web site. Deadline for entry: November 11, 2009 at 11:59 PM ET.
How to Enter:
1. Join the NATURE Flickr Group.
2. Upload your baby animal photo to Flickr.
3. Add your photo to the NATURE Flickr Group. [How do I do this?] Limit: three photos per person.
4. Tag your photo with the tag “bornwild”. [How do I tag a photo?]
- Your photo must be added to the NATURE Flickr Group, and tagged “bornwild” to be considered.
- Be sure to check the email account you used to sign up for Flickr! If your photo is selected as a winner or runner-up, we will contact you through Flickr.
- Make sure your settings allow people to download your photos. You can do this in your “Account,” under “Privacy and Permission.” We understand that some of you don’t want the general public to be able to download your photos, so as an alternative, you can make our PBS.Nature Flickr account your “Friend” or “Family” (it has to be more than just a Contact), and then only allow Friends or Family to download your photos.
- Read the rules below before submitting your photo.
- Entry is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents only.
- Contest entry is limited to three photos per person, and only photos of baby animals will be accepted.
- In the event that your photo is selected as a winner or runner-up, you agree to be contacted through Flickr mail. If you are contacted by the contest administrator, you agree to respond within 72 hours, or your photo will be disqualified.
- Employees of PBS and WNET.ORG, and their families, are not eligible.
By participating in the Contest and submitting materials (the “Materials”) to “NATURE’s Born Wild Photo Contest” you agree to and represent the following.
You agree that WNET.ORG, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and licensees may freely use and reuse the Materials, edited as WNET.ORG may deem appropriate, in any and all media now known or ever devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for any purpose, including—by way of example— broadcast, streaming, broadband, outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing, or advertisement of WNET.ORG and any of its programming services.
You agree that if your Materials are selected as a winner or runner-up, you give permission for WNET.ORG, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and licensees, to publish your first name and location along with your Materials.
You are authorized to submit the Materials, and you grant the rights in the Materials, as stated herein, whether or not the Materials are selected for WNET.ORG’s use.
You represent that you own all rights, title, and interest in the Materials; or you are otherwise licensed to submit the Materials pursuant to the terms stated herein.
You represent that you have obtained all permissions, clearance, and releases from any third parties necessary to allow your submission and WNET.ORG’s use of the Materials, as set forth herein.
You agree not to make any claim against WNET.ORG, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, and assigns as a result of the use of or decision not to use the Materials, including—by way of example—any claim that such use invades any right of privacy, publicity, or both.
You understand that you will not be paid any money or receive any form of compensation for giving WNET.ORG these rights. You further understand you will not be reimbursed for any costs you may have incurred in connection with submitting the Materials.
You represent that you are of legal age and freely consent to and accept these Submission Rules OR you are the parent or guardian of the participant, if the participant is a minor under 18 years of age, and you consent to and accept these Submission Rules on his or her behalf.