We asked our Twitter followers to weigh in on a very important question: Cats or dogs – and why? Here’s what they had to say. Join the conversation.
* samblak: Dogs. mostly because Cats suck. – getting straight to the point
* lillypuddig: cat of course!! they are independent creatures that train you you dont train them…they are a joy to get to know
* YosemiteSteve: Cats are lower maintainence, more diverse personality types, less inbred.
* wyldkyss: Dogs! Dogs are always happy to see me, cats often don’t care what the human is up to unless it involves food or annoying you.
* thancrus: it’s entirely dependent on the person. Cats r more independent & dogs generally r more dependent. Go with what fits
* Princess_Mo: i’m partial to both cats and dogs, but my family are dog people so i’m representing the cat people. :)
* creativedc: well, duh – DOGS!
* sm_carter: Dogs! W/ science & history making the strong case that the dog is the only animal to domesticate itself case closed
* futuristicplans: Cats. Because if I don’t say cats, my cat will make me pay dearly.
* lortz: depends on your personality and lifestyle. i have a cat.
* heatherleanne: When Timmy was stuck down a well, did Whiskers the cat get help? No. It was Lassie, son. Recognize.
* ABrandNewWorld: Cats a very low maintenance. Just rub their bellies and feed them. They’re my fav.
* cunningpike: Cats. Not only are hey are easier to look after in practical terms but unlike dogs their affection is a conscious act
* Tripawds: Why of course I’m partial to dogs being a better pet, especially if they’re a Tripawd!
* grandciel: I love both. A cat and dog “own” me, but at least the cat doesn’t eat its own poop.
* BadPitBull: cats are so much easy but dogs are so loyal there is only one option. Have both.
Add your opinion in the comments field below. Join us on Twitter for more discussion, and to stay in the know about NATURE.