Mireille Guiliano has been called the de facto cultural ambassador of France for her best-selling “French Women” series, which dole out morsels of Gallic wisdom on topics ranging from dieting to career management with more than a soupçon of joie de vivre. Fresh off the publication of her “French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook,” she shares five essential tips for eating (and staying svelte) like the French.
- Less is more. Sensible portions and moderation will always trump yo-yoing and extreme diets.
- Eat yogurt, dark chocolate and leeks. All three have magical benefits.
- Consume three meals a day. Each meal should contain the holy trinity of carbs, proteins and fat. (Yes, bread, rice and potatoes are good for you.)
- Drink lots of water. It’s the essence of life.
- Move your derriere. Walking and climbing stairs are good for you – and free.