1. I clicked on one of the articles, or one of the pages in Healing Arts, The Debate, Diary of a Death or Financial Guide. I'm done with the page, but don't know how to get out of the page and keep going, or get back to where
Many of the content pages in this site are made to appear in "pop-up" windows which will layer on top of the referring page (the page you just clicked from). To get back to what the pop-up just covered up do the following:
- If you're using one of the features (Healing Arts, The Debate, Diary of a Death or Financial Guide) you'll find buttons linking to the other sections of the feature on the top section of the yellow bar on the left. Just click on one of the areas listed.
- If you're reading one of the articles, click on the "Close Window" box on the upper left corner of the article. The index page you were just on should now be visible.
- You may also move the article window to one side by clicking on the top of the window and dragging the window out of the way. The index page you were just on will be behind it.
2. I want to print an article, but my browser's top navigation and the menus have disappeared.
Since these are "pop-up" pages, they appear in a special window that is smaller than your regular browser window.
- Each of the article pages has an icon that says "print this article" in the upper right corner that will let you print the page. Just click on it and the page will be sent to your printer.
- You can also email the article to a freind, or yourself. Click on the "send this article" icon in the upper right portion of the window. Fill in the information requested, (your name, e-mail address, and name and address of the person you're sending to), and click send. The article will be sent.
3. I clicked on the audio clip and I get a window saying I don't have the correct software to hear it; what do I do?
The audio clips are in streaming RealAudio format. Which means that they don't download, but play "in real time."
- To listen to them, you'll need to download the RealAudio Player which you can download free on the Real Audio site. Provide the information required, paying close attention to the Operating System (OS), type of computer you have (CPU), and connection type (modem type).
- Follow the download and installation instructions provided by RealAudio.
- Once the RealAudio player is installed you should be able to play the audio clips by simply clicking on the audio clip link.
If the player launches and you still can't hear them, make sure your computer audio output is turned up.
4. I can't see the video clips on the About the Series page and/or video conference clips!
sure you have Quick
Time 3.0 or higher installed correctly as a plug in for
your browser. If you're unsure about what a plug in is, refer
to your browser's help topics.
the instructions on the Apple
site to install and use QuickTime.
- Once you've installed QuickTime the clips will launch into a special play window, and will load and play at the same time.
5. How can I get the answers to the quiz questions? And how does the Self Assessment on Death and Dying work?
- To get the answers to the quiz questions, just click on the button at the bottom of the page that says "Submit Your Answers".
- If you make a mistake and want to chang one of your answers, just click on the one you want, the other will "un-click." Or if you want to change them all, just click on the button at the bottom of the page that says "Reset the Form."
- The Self Assessment on Death and Dying doesn't actually give the "right" answers. There are no real right answers. The assessment will interpret the meaning of the questions and your answers or thoughts about the questions say about your feelings toward death.
6. I'm having trouble with the discussion forum boards!
7. How can I get in touch with some of the people from the program?
- Go to the About the Series page and click on "Program Contacts" you will find information about reaching some of the doctors and places featured in the series.
- There is also an address for writing letters to the patients and the families of the patients featured.
8. I can't open/find/download the PDF version of the Discussion and/or Leadership Guide
- Make sure you have downloaded and correctly installedAdobe Acrobat Reader 4.0,
To download and read the free, PDF format of the Leadership Guide, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0, which is available at no charge from Adobe's Web site.
Directions for Downloading Acrobat Reader 4.0
We suggest that you print out these directions, as you will need to refer to them later, when you are not in your Web browser.
Begin by clicking on the "Download Acrobat Reader 4.0" link.
Download Acrobat Reader 4.0
You are now at the page called "Get Adobe Acrobat Reader."
- Scroll down to the middle of the page to the three boxes where you can give Adobe some information about what you need:
- Set the pulldown menus to "English" and to the operating system you are using on your computer (e.g. Windows 98 or Macintosh).
- If you want, you can register with Adobe by giving your name and email address (not required).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the box that says "download."
- The Reader installation file will begin downloading to your computer. This is the part that can take a very long time, so be patient. Important: save the file and make a note of its name and where you put it so you can find it later.
- Quit your Web browser.
- Installing Acrobat: go to the newly downloaded file and open it. Follow the directions to intstall the Reader and make it functional on your computer.
You can now download the Discussion Guide, or the Leadership Guide.
- The Acrobate version of the Discussion and Leadership Guides will open up automatically in Acrobat Reader, and you can read it on your screen or print it out.
- For more information on Adobe
Acrobat Reader Instructions
- If you
clicked on one of the PDF download topics, the file will automatically
SAVE or OPEN according to the way you've configured your Acrobat
Reader. If it is saving the file, you need to locate it on your
system in order to read it. Try downloading the file again,
and pay close attention to where your computer saves the file.
Open it from Acrobat, using OPEN in the FILE menu.
- If you're
having printing problems, refer to #10 below.
9. I can't edit the Discussion and Leadership guides!
- These are
read only documents: You may print them out but will not be
able to modify them.
- You may
save the files and pass them on to others as you like.
- You may
place stickers or stamp the back of these guides with your organization
information if you are concerned about outreach in your area.
- The only
publicity tool that can be edited is the Publicity
Flyer. There is a limited area (five lines of 30 characters
each) that can be added to the flyer by using special fields
that will appear on the page in your browser. Once you submit
your information, the page will appear with you edits, ready
to print. Follow the instructions on the page.
10. I'm trying to print the Adobe Acobate version of the Discussion Guide, and it looks funny,
or won't print right.
- Make sure
that Adobe Acrobat is set to print the page using the PAGE ATTRIBUTES,
which is a pull- down menu under PAGE SET UP menu in File. If
"page attributes" is not selected, the pages may not print as
intended, and you will have problems with layout and paper size.
- Make sure
the page is set up correctly for your printer, and that you are
asking Acrobat to print 100% of scale, or the entire page as is.
- For other
printing problems, such as trouble with fonts or layout, refer
to the technical support page for the Acrobat Reader at
http://www.adobe.com/ support/ techdocs/ topissuesacr.htm.
11. Where can I get a copy of the Transcript of the Video Conference?
- We have
the transcript available on the Video Conference page which can be found in the Community Action section
You may read the transcript and print it out from your browser
as you like.
12. I can't find the Steering Committees!
13. I want to find out about more organizations and associations
that work on End-of-Life care and advocacy.
from the navigation on the left side of the page.
Where can I find all the newsletters?
- You can
access all the newsletters to date by going to the
Newsletter section of Community Action , or by typing http://www.thirteen.org/ onourownterms/ community/ news.html into your browser URL location window.
I haven't been to the Newsletters section in a while, but there
are no new editions.
sure to hit "RELOAD" at the top of your browser.
the cache in your browser settings. Clear the cache and try
again. If you are unfamiliar with your browser's cache settings,
or what cache means, check the help menu of your browser.
stop production on October 23, 2000. There
will be no new newsletters after that time.
Where can I find out about getting video tapes of the show?
Films for the Humanities and Sciences P.O. Box 2053 Princeton,
(609) 275-3767 fax
I tried using the pictures on some printed material I am working
on, and the quality is very poor.
- Make sure that you are using the high resolution Photoshop files. You can access them by clicking on the high resolution link just under the thumbnail.
- To download these properly, check the instructions for dowloading images which can be accessed from the bottom of the Publicity Tools page. If you don't have photoshop or can't download the pictures because they are too big, please contact Rose Lynn Marra, Kelly & Salerno Communications
888 Seventh Avenue New York, NY 10106
(212) 632-0151 fax
I still need help!!