To understand the history of climate change, researchers are digging underneath the ocean floor where organisms and plants have accumulated in sediment over millennia. Maureen Raymo studies this science of paleoclimatology using a vast collection of materials at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. NewsHour Weekend‘s Hari Sreenivasan reports.
- Images from New York City’s Global Climate Strike
- Teen Climate Organizer Natalie Sweet Explains the Global Climate Strike
- Meet Xiye Bastida, America’s Greta Thunberg
- Climate change takes the front page in immersive art exhibit “Flood the News”
- We’re Joining 250+ News Outlets That Are “Covering Climate Now”