In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Religious Groups, Pope Call for Peace as Middle East Conflict Escalates
- Obama Comment on Middle East Conflict at Iftar Shocks Muslim Group
- Religious Groups Organize and Express Support for Migrant Children
- Italian Newspaper: Pope Francis Says Two Percent of Catholic Priests are Pedophiles
- Archbishop John Nienstedt, Others Accused of Sex Abuse Cover Up
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE