In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Faith Groups Call for Prayer and Peace in Ferguson, Missouri
- Coalition of Religious Leaders Calls for Military Action in Iraq; US Muslims Condemn Islamic State as “Un-Islamic”
- Faith Groups Raise Money for Humanitarian Aid in Gaza; ADL Documents Worldwide Upsurge in Anti-Semitism
- Ebola Crisis: Administering Experimental Drugs Is Ethical; Religious Rituals Must Change to Stop Spread of Virus
- Pope Francis Visits South Korea
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE