In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE