In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Supreme Court to Hear Contraception Case
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Clergy Tax-Free Housing Money
- Bread for the World Urges Congress to Protect Anti-Hunger Programs
- Pope Lays Out Vision for Evangelization, Meets President Putin, Displays St. Peter’s Bones
- Mixed Religious Reaction to Iran Nuclear Deal
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE