Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton looks at the impact Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the U.S. may have on the 2008 elections, from Hillary Clinton’s victory among Catholic voters in Pennsylvania to how various candidates may latch onto themes Benedict raised in his speeches. She also discusses pro-choice politicians who took communion during the papal Masses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Syrian Airstrikes Destroy Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Aleppo
- Vatican Hosts Stem Cell Research Conference
- Pope Francis Hears Teenaged Confessions in St. Peter’s Square
- Tennessee Counselors, Therapists Can Refuse to Treat Patients Based on “Sincerely Held Principles”
- Interfaith Groups: “No Faith Is Our Enemy”
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE