Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton looks at the impact Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the U.S. may have on the 2008 elections, from Hillary Clinton’s victory among Catholic voters in Pennsylvania to how various candidates may latch onto themes Benedict raised in his speeches. She also discusses pro-choice politicians who took communion during the papal Masses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Baltimore Religious Leaders March, Demonstrate, Work to Repair Riot-Torn Communities
- Faith-based Aid Organizations Face Challenges of Widespread Death and Damage in Nepal
- Pope Meets UN Secretary-General on Climate Change, Calls Gender Wage Disparity a “Scandal”
- Report Documents Religious Freedom Violations around the World
- Bail Revoked, Catholic Church Official Returns to Prison
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE