Just before the start of Ramadan, Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton interviewed Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America, during the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Mattson spoke about the values and expectations of American Muslim voters, their views of Senator Barack Obama, and what they hoped for from the Republican Party. She was one of the keynote speakers at the Democratic convention’s interfaith gathering.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Barack Obama, Democratic National Convention, Democrats, Ingrid Mattson, Muslim Voters, One Nation: Religion & Politics, Republicans
News of the Week
- Faith Groups Respond to Ferguson with Prayer Vigils, Marches, and Special Services
- NYC Mayor Meets with Religious Leaders to Heal Divisions Over Police Choke Hold
- Catholic Journalist James Foley Killed by Islamic State Group
- Middle East Patriarchs Visit Christian Refugees in Iraq, Denounce Armed Extremists
- Pope Supports Use of Force to Stop “Unjust Agressor”
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE