Just before the start of Ramadan, Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton interviewed Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America, during the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Mattson spoke about the values and expectations of American Muslim voters, their views of Senator Barack Obama, and what they hoped for from the Republican Party. She was one of the keynote speakers at the Democratic convention’s interfaith gathering.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Barack Obama, Democratic National Convention, Democrats, Ingrid Mattson, Muslim Voters, One Nation: Religion & Politics, Republicans
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE