Just before the start of Ramadan, Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton interviewed Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America, during the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Mattson spoke about the values and expectations of American Muslim voters, their views of Senator Barack Obama, and what they hoped for from the Republican Party. She was one of the keynote speakers at the Democratic convention’s interfaith gathering.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- AME Church Issues Call to Action on “Sin of Racism”; Wave of Fires Plague Black Churches
- Episcopal Church USA Elects First African-American Presiding Bishop, Approves Religious Weddings for Gay Couples
- Religious Groups React to High Court Ruling on Marriage; Court Upholds Use of Lethal Injection Drug
- UCC Votes to Divest from Companies with Business in Israeli-Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Vatican Releases Pope’s US Itinerary
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 2, 2015: Religious Reactions to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling; Ethics of Gene Editing; Rebuilding Urban Neighborhoods
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE