Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, answered questions about John McCain and Sarah Palin on September 12 at the annual Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. He said Palin brings “credibility on conservative issues” to the Republican ticket and gives social conservatives hope, but he also called the race “far from over” and said Christian conservative voters have become “more mature” and more independent than ever before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Family Research Council, John McCain, One Nation: Religion & Politics, Pro-family, Sarah Palin, Social Conservative, Tony Perkins, Values Voter Summit
News of the Week
- Obama Urges Religious Freedom, Tolerance in India
- Pope Appeals for Peace in Ukraine and Christian Unity
- Mormon Church Announces Support for Gay Rights and for Religious Opposition to Gay Rights
- Report: Majority of Americans Know Nothing about Sikh Americans
- Church of England Gets First Female Bishop
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE