Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, answered questions about John McCain and Sarah Palin on September 12 at the annual Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. He said Palin brings “credibility on conservative issues” to the Republican ticket and gives social conservatives hope, but he also called the race “far from over” and said Christian conservative voters have become “more mature” and more independent than ever before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- AME Church Issues Call to Action on “Sin of Racism”; Wave of Fires Plague Black Churches
- Episcopal Church USA Elects First African-American Presiding Bishop, Approves Religious Weddings for Gay Couples
- Religious Groups React to High Court Ruling on Marriage; Court Upholds Use of Lethal Injection Drug
- UCC Votes to Divest from Companies with Business in Israeli-Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Vatican Releases Pope’s US Itinerary
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 2, 2015: Religious Reactions to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling; Ethics of Gene Editing; Rebuilding Urban Neighborhoods
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE