Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, answered questions about John McCain and Sarah Palin on September 12 at the annual Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. He said Palin brings “credibility on conservative issues” to the Republican ticket and gives social conservatives hope, but he also called the race “far from over” and said Christian conservative voters have become “more mature” and more independent than ever before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Family Research Council, John McCain, One Nation: Religion & Politics, Pro-family, Sarah Palin, Social Conservative, Tony Perkins, Values Voter Summit
- Religious Groups Condemn Middle-East Violence, Pray for Peace
- Iraq: “Mass Cleansing Based on Religion” as Christians Flee Mosul
- Thousands Attend Memorial Services to Mourn Victims of Downed Malaysian Plane
- Imprisoned Sudanese Christian Woman Released, Greeted at Vatican
- Mixed Religious Reactions to Obama’s Executive Order on Discrimination
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE