Rabbi Steve Gutow, executive director of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly at a September 16 interfaith vigil on Capitol Hill on “Fighting Poverty with Faith: A Week of Action.” Organized by the Jewish Council for Public Affairs and Catholic Charities USA, it is an effort to mobilize members of national faith-based organizations in more than 80 cities to raise questions with political candidates about what they will do in their first 100 days in office to address poverty. Rabbi Gutow talks about the poor, the middle class, the current economy, and what he hopes the next president will do.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Tunisian Democracy Group Wins Nobel Peace Prize
- President Apologizes for Deadly Airstrike on Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan
- Violence Escalates in Jerusalem and West Bank
- Catholic Synod on the Family Underway in Rome
- Poll: Positive Impact of Pope Francis on Views of the Church, Especially Among Democrats and Liberals
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE