Rabbi Steve Gutow, executive director of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly at a September 16 interfaith vigil on Capitol Hill on “Fighting Poverty with Faith: A Week of Action.” Organized by the Jewish Council for Public Affairs and Catholic Charities USA, it is an effort to mobilize members of national faith-based organizations in more than 80 cities to raise questions with political candidates about what they will do in their first 100 days in office to address poverty. Rabbi Gutow talks about the poor, the middle class, the current economy, and what he hopes the next president will do.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- NYC Mayor Meets with Religious Leaders to Heal Divisions Over Police Choke Hold
- Catholic Journalist James Foley Killed by Islamic State Group
- Middle East Patriarchs Visit Christian Refugees in Iraq, Denounce Armed Extremists
- Pope Supports Use of Force to Stop “Unjust Agressor”
- Missionaries Cured of Ebola Virus, Discharged from Hospital
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE