Although white evangelical Christians have voted overwhelmingly Republican for the last 20 years, younger evangelicals are less supportive of John McCain than evangelicals over 30, according to a new poll conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research Inc. for Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly. Managing editor Kim Lawton outlines more results of the survey and discusses its potential implications for the election.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Abortion, Barack Obama, Evangelical, Gay Marriage, John McCain, One Nation: Religion & Politics, Sarah Palin, Young Evangelicals
News of the Week
- WHO: Ebola Death Toll Continues to Rise; Doctor in New York City Diagnosed with Ebola Virus
- Syrian Kurds Join Fight to Defend Kobani from ISIS; UN, Vatican Urge Response ”Beyond Military Action”
- Cardinal Burke to Be Dismissed as Head of Vatican’s High Court
- North Korea Releases One of Three American Captives
- Mormon Church Explains Temple Garments
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesOctober 24, 2014: Immigrant Children in Court; China, Buddhism, and the Environment; Ground Zero Church
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE