On October 30, 2008 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School and Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly co-hosted a panel discussion on “God and Country: A New Role for Faith in Presidential Politics?” Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton was joined by Julian Zelizer, professor of history and public affairs at Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School, and Burns Strider, who directed religious outreach for Senator Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, to discuss religion in the 2008 campaign and the future role of faith in American politics.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- ISIS Attacks Christian Minorities in Syria, Ancient Artifacts in Iraq
- Muslim Leaders Hold Anti-ISIS Meeting in Mecca
- Muslims in Norway Protect Oslo Synagogue with Human “Ring of Peace”
- Muslim Men from Brooklyn Arrested for Supporting ISIS
- Indian Jesuit Priest Released from Captivity in Afghanistan
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesFebruary 20, 2015: White House Summit on Extremism; A Conversation with Rabbi Jonathan Sacks; Churches in Pubs
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE