Among the topics covered at the October 30, 2008 National Press Club panel discussion on “God and Country: A New Role for Faith in Presidential Politics?” were religion as a private or public issue, the role of media, and coverage of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School and Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly co-hosted the event, moderated by Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton and featuring Julian Zelizer, professor of history and public affairs at Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School, and Burns Strider, who directed religious outreach for Senator Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Burns Strider, Julian Zelizer, Kim Lawton, One Nation: Religion & Politics, Woodrow Wilson School
News of the Week
- US Military Heads to West Africa to Confront Accelerating Ebola Crisis
- Paris Summit Gathers Allies for ISIS Fight
- Anglican Priest from Baghdad Recognized for Religious Tolerance and Reconciliation
- Reform Rabbi Receives Award for Human Dignity and Tolerance
- Pope Francis Marks Anniversary of World War I; “Humanity Needs to Weep”
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE