Among the topics covered at the October 30, 2008 National Press Club panel discussion on “God and Country: A New Role for Faith in Presidential Politics?” were religion as a private or public issue, the role of media, and coverage of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School and Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly co-hosted the event, moderated by Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton and featuring Julian Zelizer, professor of history and public affairs at Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School, and Burns Strider, who directed religious outreach for Senator Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Baltimore Religious Leaders March, Demonstrate, Work to Repair Riot-Torn Communities
- Faith-based Aid Organizations Face Challenges of Widespread Death and Damage in Nepal
- Pope Meets UN Secretary-General on Climate Change, Calls Gender Wage Disparity a “Scandal”
- Report Documents Religious Freedom Violations around the World
- Bail Revoked, Catholic Church Official Returns to Prison
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE