Among the topics covered at the October 30, 2008 National Press Club panel discussion on “God and Country: A New Role for Faith in Presidential Politics?” were religion as a private or public issue, the role of media, and coverage of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School and Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly co-hosted the event, moderated by Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton and featuring Julian Zelizer, professor of history and public affairs at Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School, and Burns Strider, who directed religious outreach for Senator Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Tunisian Democracy Group Wins Nobel Peace Prize
- President Apologizes for Deadly Airstrike on Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan
- Violence Escalates in Jerusalem and West Bank
- Catholic Synod on the Family Underway in Rome
- Poll: Positive Impact of Pope Francis on Views of the Church, Especially Among Democrats and Liberals
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE