Grassroots religious leaders attending the recent “No Recess for Reform” prayer breakfast and press conference on Capitol Hill spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly about their nationwide faith-based campaign urging Congress to pass health care reform legislation this year. Watch Rev. Jennifer Thomas of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Kansas City, Missouri; Rev. Drew Nettinga of San Lorenzo Community United Church of Christ in San Lorenzo, California; Rev. Heyward Wigginsof Camden Bible Tabernacle Church in Camden, New Jersey; and Rev. Stevie Wakes of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kansas.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE