Grassroots religious leaders attending the recent “No Recess for Reform” prayer breakfast and press conference on Capitol Hill spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly about their nationwide faith-based campaign urging Congress to pass health care reform legislation this year. Watch Rev. Jennifer Thomas of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Kansas City, Missouri; Rev. Drew Nettinga of San Lorenzo Community United Church of Christ in San Lorenzo, California; Rev. Heyward Wigginsof Camden Bible Tabernacle Church in Camden, New Jersey; and Rev. Stevie Wakes of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kansas.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- WHO: Ebola Death Toll Continues to Rise; Doctor in New York City Diagnosed with Ebola Virus
- Syrian Kurds Join Fight to Defend Kobani from ISIS; UN, Vatican Urge Response ”Beyond Military Action”
- Cardinal Burke to Be Dismissed as Head of Vatican’s High Court
- North Korea Releases One of Three American Captives
- Mormon Church Explains Temple Garments
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesOctober 24, 2014: Immigrant Children in Court; China, Buddhism, and the Environment; Ground Zero Church
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE