Grassroots religious leaders attending the recent “No Recess for Reform” prayer breakfast and press conference on Capitol Hill spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly about their nationwide faith-based campaign urging Congress to pass health care reform legislation this year. Watch Rev. Jennifer Thomas of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Kansas City, Missouri; Rev. Drew Nettinga of San Lorenzo Community United Church of Christ in San Lorenzo, California; Rev. Heyward Wigginsof Camden Bible Tabernacle Church in Camden, New Jersey; and Rev. Stevie Wakes of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kansas.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- President Obama Marks 10th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans
- Christian Leaders Support Iran Nuclear Agreement; Obama Reaches Out to Jewish Leaders to Approve Deal
- As EU Meets, Austria Finds Migrants Dead in Truck
- Philadelphia Inmates Make Special Chair for Papal Visit
- Mormons Keep Affiliation with Boy Scouts
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE