Grassroots religious leaders attending the recent “No Recess for Reform” prayer breakfast and press conference on Capitol Hill spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly about their nationwide faith-based campaign urging Congress to pass health care reform legislation this year. Watch Rev. Jennifer Thomas of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Kansas City, Missouri; Rev. Drew Nettinga of San Lorenzo Community United Church of Christ in San Lorenzo, California; Rev. Heyward Wigginsof Camden Bible Tabernacle Church in Camden, New Jersey; and Rev. Stevie Wakes of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kansas.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Survey: Pope Francis Represents “Change for the Better”
- Syrian War’s Human Rights Violations Are “Of Unimaginable Scope”
- US Evangelicals Denounce Uganda Law Criminalizing Homosexuality
- Coalition of Religious Leaders Reiterate Support for Middle East Peace Process
- Dalai Lama Opens Senate Session with Prayer
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE