Grassroots religious leaders attending the recent “No Recess for Reform” prayer breakfast and press conference on Capitol Hill spoke with Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly about their nationwide faith-based campaign urging Congress to pass health care reform legislation this year. Watch Rev. Jennifer Thomas of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Kansas City, Missouri; Rev. Drew Nettinga of San Lorenzo Community United Church of Christ in San Lorenzo, California; Rev. Heyward Wigginsof Camden Bible Tabernacle Church in Camden, New Jersey; and Rev. Stevie Wakes of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kansas.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Evangelicals and Muslims Pledge to Strengthen National Security after Chattanooga Shootings
- Pro-Israel Groups Protest Iran Nuclear Deal
- International Group of Mayors Gather for Vatican Climate Change Conference
- Pope’s Approval Ratings Drop
- Cuban Embassy Raises Flag as Diplomatic Relations are Restored
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 10, 2015: Moving Beyond the Confederate Flag; Changing Harlem Congregation; Flying Eye Hospital
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE